Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Combat Pesticides with Organic Tea

Well, before I say anything else, this is sort of a continuation-post from my previous entry entitled "Pesticides in Coffee and Tea," found here: http://health-fitness-guru.blogspot.com/2014/12/pesticides-in-coffee-and-tea.html

Since the numerous processes involved with coffee before it ever hits your cup basically removes most worries you could possibly have about pesticides (and almost anything else), tea leaves are definitely in the spotlight. As mentioned in the link above, some of these people spray the tea leaves like crazy, never wash them, and bag them up for your delight - poison and all! Cheers! Ha! Anyway, after finding out the major brands like Lipton and Celestial Seasonings are currently 2 of the worst (most toxic) when it comes to poisonous pesticides, even though Celestial Seasonings had a public rebuttal and claim to be free of pesticides, I finally decided to shop elsewhere. If you don't believe me, check out the recent studies and the links that explain such things in the post I mentioned a few moments ago or do your own research online.

Depicted above, are my chosen brands for Green Tea and Chamomile Tea. Yes, they claim to be organic and by what I can tell/taste, they definitely seem to be more pure than what I was drinking before. Those particular teas are the smoothest, most natural-tasting teas I have had in quite a while. The last time I had tea that was so smooth and refreshing, was when I tried some expensive brand of White Tea, in the past. Anyway, I'm not naive or credulous, and many companies that claim to be "organic" are just a couple hairs away from being poisonous. However, for a few more nickels and dimes, I'll take my chances with those teas (definitely the green tea from China) that were grown in fields that at least claim to not use any pesticides, etc.

The brand name of the green tea I'm currently drinking is "Uncle Lee's Tea" and the chamomile is from an expensive brand called "Traditional Medicinals." Drink what you want, but when it comes to tea, after all that crazy crap I've learned lately, Lipton and Celestial Seasonings will never enter any cup of mine again - at least not intentionally; ha! Thank God they don't put pesticides in beer! Or do they? LOL!

Update: I've recently heard that even Uncle Lee's green tea has also come under fire for pesticides. I've researched it a bit, but I'm still not sure if that also includes their organic version. I mean, they have non-organic products, as well. So now I switched to the FGO organic green tea brand. Either way, the only other way to combat this is to search through the databases of the companies that are truly certified organic. Yes, you can do that. The name of the web page is "USDA Organic Integrity Database" and you can find it, here: https://organic.ams.usda.gov/integrity/
---End of Update

Shopping (Affiliate) Link: 


Image Credit: My own photo of the products in question.

---End of Post "Combat Pesticides with Organic Tea"

No comments:

Post a Comment