Sunday, March 8, 2015

Grand Canyon Skywalk

Wow! What a sight! I stumbled across this subject last night, while browsing the web and thought I'd learn a bit more about it. Anyway, the Grand Canyon Skywalk is a horseshoe-shaped bridge in Arizona, on the edge of one of the massive cliffs via the Grand Canyon. This area is becoming a popular tourist attraction for very obvious reasons. Personally, I don't think I'd want to get on it nor look down, but I've never been very fond of being high in the air. I mean, I won't even get on a plane, for example.

The width of this impressive Skywalk is 65 feet. When measuring from the canyon wall, the length is 70 feet. Going by what I have read, the Grand Canyon Skywalk's foundation can support an 8.0 earthquake within 50 miles of its location. The cost of this magnificent structure was about 31 million dollars! Yeah, they better be getting some tourist money in return! I've heard that they also have plans of building around this site, adding stuff like a gift shop, museum, restaurants, a movie theater and so on. Good grief, I couldn't imagine trying to eat while looking down the Grand Canyon. Well, if they served me enough beer I might, but still...

Dang, all this big skywalk needs is some big Iridescent clouds hovering over it; ha! If you've missed that post, you can find it here: Iridescent Clouds doesn't mean the 'End is Near' Okay, now to finish this Grand Canyon subject...

There is some controversy involved with this Skywalk, though, as some say it is disturbing sacred ground, while others think it is a defacement of a national treasure. However, many support this structure because it brings in a decent source of income from tourists and many of us need money, right? At any elevated rate, I thought I'd share this with y'all. I think a tree house is about as adventurous as I'd go, if it involves heights; ha!

Image Credit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Canyon_Skywalk

---End of Post "Grand Canyon Skywalk"

No comments:

Post a Comment