Thursday, February 3, 2022

Primordial Soup Theory or Primitive Chili without Beans?

 

This is an old article from a website of mine that I recently deleted. I decided to re-publish it here. The original post date is: 7-11-2012

This post is being wrote for a few reasons. For one, when it comes to the origins of life – whether you are science-based or fueled by a faith-based religion – no matter how you slice it, theorize it, believe in it, etc., at some point, “magic” must have happened. Where did this life-creating “magic” come from? God? Space Monkeys? The land of something from nothingness? Blah, blah…

This subject came up a few days ago, when I was told that the “Theory of Evolution” was divided into two parts, and that since I kept bringing up the origin of life and how it doesn’t work with the theory of evolution, that I was talking about the “history” aspect and how there are many theories for that. Ha! Well, I suppose there is an excuse for everything…

Oh, on a side note: The reason why I bring up origins of life and how it doesn’t work with the theory of evolution, is simply because, in my opinion, they are confusing adaptation and acclimation with creation, which are two totally different things. I don’t need a theory to tell me I can adapt, but you better have a really good one to explain how I was created. Pretty simple, eh? Now, back to the topic at hand…

In less words, the Primordial Soup Theory often comes into play when all the other scientific theories are backed against the wall, with no more room for weak attempts of explanation, just to say “poof!” Sort of like the big bang theory from a singularity of nothing, says “bang!”

Anyway, before I get off subject here, the Primordial Soup theory, to me, often sounds more like primitive chili without beans... LOL!

In fact, I don’t like chili without beans. When I desire such things, I want it complete and packed full of flavor. Hmm, at the end of this short post, I think I will drop down my recipe ingredients for Chili, just to be relevant to my title; ha!

If you'd rather read about the history of this prebiotic broth and how the idea got concocted, you can always visit: Primordial Soup via the free Encyclopedia. I mean, one could just say that a bolt of lightning struck some random branch of amino acids that was aimlessly floating in a pond of cooled-down lava to create Earth's first forms of life and it would make about as much sense as some of the gobbledygook that I've read lately. However, I'm not going to waste a lot of time explaining this theory of life-spawning primitive soup, as you can read all about it under the title “Abiogenesis” (which is the lovely study of how biological life could miraculously arise from inorganic matter through awesome natural processes) on Wikipedia, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis 

At any rate, within that particular page, there was a quick summary…

“Biochemist Robert Shapiro has summarized the “primordial soup” theory of Oparin and Haldane in its “mature form” as follows:

1. The early Earth had a chemically reducing atmosphere.

2. This atmosphere, exposed to energy in various forms, produced simple organic compounds (“monomers”).

3. These compounds accumulated in a “soup,” which may have been concentrated at various locations (shorelines, oceanic vents, etc.).

4. By further transformation, more complex organic polymers – and ultimately life – developed in the soup.

While steps 1-3 have been basically observed experimentally, step 4 has been criticized as simplistic – a stage of “then magic happens.”

See, even the word “magic” occurs on the Wiki page (at the time I'm writing this), just as I have been labelling such theories and notions about the origins of primitive life, for years.

If anybody has any opinions about this Primordial Soup stuff or if you simply have a favorite chili recipe to share (preferably with beans as opposed to without), feel free to do such, in the comment field below.

When I prepare my spicy 3 Bean Chili, I use the following ingredients: Tomato juice along with peeled whole tomatoes from a can, 2 lbs. of ground beef (marinated with Worcestershire sauce), 1 chili seasoning packet, a finely chopped small onion, numerous jalapeno slices, Louisiana hot sauce, seasoned salt, black pepper, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, and a big, finely chopped green bell pepper; yummy!

---End of Post "Primordial Soup Theory or Primitive Chili without Beans?"


No comments:

Post a Comment