Sunday, January 25, 2015

Artwork: Ancient Egyptian Tablets


Of course, these are not actual Ancient Egyptian tablets from long ago, but they are pieces of artwork. I bought these several years ago. They really go nice with other Egyptian collectibles of mine, as well as the stones and crystals I have collected over the years.

These particular tablets are fairly heavy for their size and, although I know they are fabricated in today's time period, they still appear to be made from rock or stone at first glance. Well, if I were to hit you in the head with 'em, you would feel as if you got hit with a piece of brick; ha!

Anyway, this got me to thinking, since I used to be pretty big into artwork. So, I checked online and they do sell Egyptian Hieroglyphic Stone kits. The site I'm about to link to, claims that these are crafts for kids. Hell, I'm not a kid anymore and I still thought they were cool. LOL! The basic concept behind it, is that kids can make their own stone tablet using self-hardening dough or clay and carve out hieroglyphs onto it. Anyway, you can find that stuff, here: www.firstpalette.com/Craft_themes/People/hieroglyphic_stone/hieroglyphic_stone.html

Or, you can just do like I did, and buy the Ancient Egyptian tablets online, all professional and whatnot. Ha!


Image Credit: My own photos.

---End of Post "Artwork: Ancient Egyptian Tablets"

1 comment:

  1. Going by the traffic stats for this post, there evidently isn't a lot of searches for artwork that relates to ancient hieroglyphics and whatnot. Well, that or this BlogSpot blog just doesn't rank very well in the search engines to begin with; ha! Either way, I suppose I should have elaborated more about these nifty little Egyptian Tablets or whatever, but obviously I lost interest halfway through this quick post when I originally went to write the damn thing... LOL!

    ReplyDelete