Sunday, January 25, 2015

Artwork: Ancient Egyptian Tablets


Of course, these are not actual Ancient Egyptian tablets from long ago, but they are 3 nice pieces of artwork. I bought these several years ago from some unknown source.  I say "unknown" because there was a certain time in my life where I randomly purchased so many interesting things (maybe that's why I was always broke back then), that I really don't know where I ordered these from; ha! Anyway, they really go nice with the other Egyptian collectibles of mine along with the various stones and metaphysical crystals I have collected over the years.

These particular tablets are fairly heavy for their size and, although I know they are fabricated in today's time period, they still appear to be made from rock or stone at first glance. Well, to make it easier to understand, if I were to hit you in the head with 'em, you would feel as if you got hit with a piece of brick; ha!

Anyway, this got me to thinking, since I used to be pretty big into artwork...  So, I checked online, and they do sell Egyptian Hieroglyphic Stone kits. The site I'm about to link to, claims that these are crafts for kids. Hell, I'm not a kid anymore and I still thought they were cool. LOL! The basic concept behind it, is that kids can make their own stone tablet using self-hardening dough or clay and carve out hieroglyphs onto it. Anyway, you can find that stuff, here: 
Egyptian Hieroglyphic Stone | Kids' Crafts | Fun Craft Ideas 

Or, you can just do like I did, and buy the Ancient Egyptian tablets online, all professional and whatnot; ha! The shopping link below used to link to 'search result' page from Amazon.com, but it is expired and no longer active at this time. However, there are still plenty of websites that sell cool stuff like this. Any place that sells Egyptian relics, tokens, and figurines, should also have ancient tablets similar to ones shown on this post.

Shopping Link: "Hieroglyphics in Toys & Games" [Link is no longer active]

Image Credit: My own photos. If you'd like to use those images online for anything, please link back to this blog for credit; thanks!

---End of Post "Artwork: Ancient Egyptian Tablets"

1 comment:

  1. Going by the traffic stats for this post, there evidently isn't a lot of searches for artwork that relates to ancient hieroglyphics and whatnot. Well, that or this BlogSpot blog just doesn't rank very well in the search engines to begin with; ha! Either way, I suppose I should have elaborated more about these nifty little Egyptian Tablets or whatever, but obviously I lost interest halfway through this quick post when I originally went to write the damn thing... LOL!

    ReplyDelete