After reading a couple articles online that related to chicken, it reminded me of something I was told several years ago. First of all, I don't know if this is true, but it sounds very plausible for today's food market, but don't take me up on it. I'm only repeating what I was told.

Anyway, the guy said that he used to know a food safety inspector personally, and that she once gave him an insider tip. She said if you want to purchase disease-free chickens, it is best to only buy whole chickens. She said that a lot of food companies take the diseased chickens and cut off the diseased areas and use 'em for parts. Basically, when you buy a package of chicken wings, legs, thighs, etc., many of those most likely came from diseased chickens. The whole chickens have to be perfect or else they couldn't sell them whole.

You know, that makes sense. However, since I like drumsticks and hot wings so much, I'm yet to start following this advice. I must say, though, some of the best tasting chickens I have ever had, were whole chickens. The things that make you go "hmmm..."

Image Credit: Bing Image Search using the 'free to use & share' function.

---End of Post "Whole Chickens are the Best?"