Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Movies related to the Hollow Earth Theory

 
I was thinking earlier about something that I was once told by a conspiracy theory nut. The guy was obviously a proponent of the "Hollow Earth Theory" and whatnot, but he did bring up a valid point during his rant. First of all, if you have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention things like the "mysterious inner world" or the "hollow Earth theory," you may need to first read up about it, here: perpendicularity.org/blog/2012/07/10/hollow-earth-or-mysterious-inner-world/

It is somewhat of a fascinating subject to say the least, albeit the concept mostly thrives within the minds of sci-fi aficionados, uh, for the most part. At any feign rate of facts or fantastical notions of fictional storytelling, the concept still remains. The conspiracy nut mentioned that he found it to be very unusual that there were very few movies and books available to the public that surrounded the hollow earth/inner world theory because it wasn't allowed. Well, come to think of it, there really are very few movies that were made (for some strange reason) that related to a world inside of this planet. I don't know about the books, though, since I'm not really into reading fictional tales, etc.

Anyway, I do own one of the few movies that related to this. It was called "At The Earth's Core." I have read before that this particular film was intended as a loose adaptation of "Journey to the Center of the Earth," by Jules Verne, although that is neither here nor there. The movie (the one I'm talking about) involved several not-so-friendly creatures and a bunch of scantily clad prehistoric-looking people along with telepathic pterodactyls that inhabited the center of Earth, and much more. It was a colorful adventure for its time and I'd recommend it for any sci-fi buff that enjoys watching old films. If you know of any other cool books or movies that relate to this subject, feel free to share; cheers!

Shopping Link via Amazon: Click Here for the DVD "At the Earth's Core

 

Image Credit: www.sci-fimovieposters.co.uk/movie-posters-a/at-the-earths-core-authentic-british-quad-film-movie-poster.htm [URL is no longer valid]

Related Post:
http://myths-legends-folklore.blogspot.com/2015/01/bermuda-triangle-atlantis-aliens-or.html

---End of Post "Movies related to the Hollow Earth Theory"

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool freakin' subject. I've found a few books and stuff about this crazy theory, but didn't realize there were very few films within this insane genre. Now I'm on the hunt for some DVDs! I may buy that one you mentioned (At the Earth's Core) as well because it sounds like a classic flick. I must say, though, even if it is fairly cheesy I will still probably like it - mainly because I enjoy watching almost all of the old sci-fi movies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there are not a lot of films related to this theory, but the one I mentioned is definitely decent. If you're a science fiction aficionado, you'll like it for sure; cheers!

    P.S. - If you get bored searching for related movies from the shopping link I provided above, you may want to just cut to the chase and, from there, type into the search bar via Amazon the following: Admiral Byrd, the Hollow Earth Exploration and UFOs

    ReplyDelete